Assumptions

Well hey there how have you been?
   I have a bit of a headache this evening, a rough day has been had. Well not all of it, some of it was downright enjoyable. But the parts that weren't.... boy howdy did they suck. My grandma used to tell me the worst thing you can do is assume. If you just take the time to ask for clarification it would probably give us world peace or something amazing like that.
  But she is right, assuming causes way more problems than it ever solves. I mean we are all guilty of it, if something SOUNDS LIKE it should a certain way, chances are we are going to assume it is, even if it is the polar opposite. And chances are when you assume too much you can be hurt, hurt others and in the end cause a whole hell of a lot of dramatics that just could have been avoided if you asked for someone to clarify.
  I made a huge mistake recently. I was told something and I went to what I thought was the source to get the other side of the story. Because, well there are always 2 sides and I like to know before I give my trust to someone whether they are worthy of that gift or not. In doing so, this person assumed things, assumed people were involved that weren't and proceeded to make a giant Everest out of my curiosity. Should I have kept my mouth shut? Yep I sure should have and I will remember this next time I want to be overly curious about something and go poking in proverbial bushes.
  My curiosity and naturally assuming that people lie all the time led me to this lapse in common sense and in it I hurt some people I don't really know that well but still I feel incredibly guilty for it. I am almost 38 years old and well I try to live my life by the golden rule and be good to people. I am by no means better or innocent, I make mistakes... thing is when I do I can put my big girl panties on and own it and take responsibility.
  I like making these posts good or bad because I sincerely hope people read them and it helps them in their own lives. I continue to use my life, experiences and yes, huge fuckups as topics here because good or bad this is my life, Second Life is a part of it and I am this person whether I am logged on or not. I feel incredibly honored you take the time to read my nonsense and even more when I am not judged for making a mistake.

I hope your week is amazing, I have things I am expecting so I think mine is going to be pretty good as well.

XOXO,
Brie

So you want to know about my outfit in this picture huh?
Skin: Glam Affair - Renee - Trending 02 Red (from this months Collab88)
Hair: >TRUTH< Sassy 2 - quince
Eyeliner: AL vulo!* Eyeliner black
Eyelashes: Maxi Gossamer - Eyelashes - Party - Swallow Wings
Shirt: ~Sassy!~ Intrigue blouse - black
Skirt:Maitreya Mesh Anais Skirt- Polka-Black
Shoes: N-core ESSENCE "Noir Intense" 
Pose: Adorkable Poses - Eclectic (Zodiac: Aquarius Installment)

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up