Interesting Day is Interesting





  Today started off kinda bad, then kinda good.... but ended AMAZING.

  So someone done switched the world's AC on over the Phoenix area and it has been damn cold lately (well, for us anyway). So I didn't sleep terribly well and so when I had to drag myself up to get my daughter off to school, well... I looked like death. It wasn't pretty and hense, today was a take your kid to school in pajamas day.

  I get her dropped off and stop on the way home at the convenience store on the corner here by my house and walk in, get the largest cup they sold coffee in and fill that puppy up. Cream? Don't mind if I do, oh yes and 3 sugars, thank you very much. So I go pay for my coffee, well attempt to anyway because when I open my wallet, my card is gone. Not amused. So I look at the lady and ask if I can run to my car to see if I have $1.74 in change. I go look in the little thing I keep change in, $0.60. I hang my head and walk back into the store and begin to explain to the lady I am sorry she can dump the coffee, I don't have enough for the coffee. I, am absolutely mortified.

  Out of the corner of my eye a $20.00 bill floats by and a male voice behind me says "It's ok I will buy this cup for her". Now mind you, I look like I am about to cry, I am exhausted oh and did I mention I am in slippers, penguin pajama pants, a t shirt and a sweater with my hair in a cute bun? Yeah I'm hot right? So I turn around and just stare and kind of mumble that it's OK he doesn't have to, then rests his hand on my back and says "God bless you miss" and just walks out the door. It was hands down the best cup of coffee I ever had, and was so nice to know that there are still good people in this world.

  So you would think thats it right? You are like "Wow, that Brie is easy to please!" Umm, no. So about 6 months ago, my "husband" (and I use this term loosely as we were only cohabitating for 10 and a half months and NEVER once slept together) finally after almost 4 years of me whining, filed for divorce. So I am like, "Let me hit this ass up and see if this is done yet because I haven't received anything in the mail". I text him and he tries to convince me it was final last week and I should hear something any day, blah.. blah.. blah. I don't believe him, I mean there's a reason we aren't married, right?

  So I call up the old Google and start looking, calling, pestering... finally get the self-help legal aid center at the courthouse our divorce was filed at and this super sweet older sounding lady who had an adorable accent and kinda broken English. I begin my speech with "My unfortunate husband filed for divorce (and here the lady starts cracking up) about 6 months ago, I was wondering if you could direct me who to call to find out if it is final or not." I proceed with "You see, I moved to Phoenix 4 years ago and have well on moved on with my life. I would really like to continue it without being attached to him in any way."

  So she asks if I know the case number, which I dont. But then she asks my name and looks it up that way and I could almost hear her smile when she says "Well, Ms. Pitta, your divorce was final today as a matter of fact." I then kinda yelled a little (sorry lady send me the bill for your new hearing aid) and told her I loved her dearly and she is still laughing at this point. She chokes out the case number and tells me I will have a letter from the court soon, congratulates me and tells me to have a great day.

  Oh, my goodness I am on a cloud, I am so happy to have that part of my life over with. I really am glad things seem to be ending in 2012 better than they started that's for sure. Now just to get through the dreaded holidays and onto a new year and new beginnings.

  I hope your Tuesday was just as eventful.

XOXO,
Brie

Pose: Cultureshock 2 by Hopskotch
My Celebratory Outfit:
Skin: Glam Affair - Roza - Brr & Etci 03
Hair: /Wasabi Pills/ Christy Mesh Hair - Reds Pack
Eyelashes: Miamai_Catwalk Lashes_Evergreen 03 Erotica
Dress: (Milk Motion) lace dress - green
Shoes: N-core ESSENCE "Noir Intense"
Ring: EarthStones Bridal - Twist of Fate Wedding Rings
Bracelet: EarthStones Diamond Tennis Bracelet - Platinum
Nails: Synthetique Ultimate French Series -01-

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up